Blizzard is celebrating Overwatch‘s first anniversary with a new seasonal event, another free-weekend, and a digital Game of the Year Edition of Overwatch.
The Overwatch Anniversary event begins on Tuesday, May 23 and ends Monday, June 12. Blizzard will announce additional event details at a later time.
The free-weekend runs from May 26 to May 29, and new players that participate will have access to the full game, including the ability to level up and unlock customization items. Any progress made over the free-weekend can transfer to a purchased copy.
Then Overwatch: Game of the Year Edition comes out on Tuesday, May 23 for PC, Xbox One, and PS4 digitally and will replace the Origins Edition. The Game of the Year Edition includes the following bonus items:
- 10 Loot Boxes
- Vintage Blackwatch Reyes, Strike-Commander Morrison, Overgrown Bastion, Security Chief Phara, and Slipstream Tracer skins.
- Tracer for Heroes of the Storm
- Baby Winston pet for World of Warcraft
- Mercy’s wings for Diablo III
- Tracer, Reaper, Pharah, Winston, Bastion, and Soldier: 76, portraits for StarCraft II
- Overwatch-themed card back for Hearthstone
The Overwatch: Game of the Year Edition includes all the same bonus items found in the Origins Edition with the exception of the 10 Loot Boxes. The Game of the Year Edition’s price hasn’t been announced.
Miranda Sanchez is an Editor at IGN. Chat with her about video games, anime, and handsome robots on Twitter.